Hawaii has been a place I’ve been dreaming about for years – lured by the temptation of adventure and the salty sea. Being the first leg of our trip, I was bursting at the seams with excitement with a jam-packed itinerary of hiking through the lush green craters and swimming in the deep blue seas.
Some major highlights of the trip was being able to swim in open water with sharks, seeing Big Island by air, having the most authentic and delicious Polynesian food at Helena’s (almost having our hire car broken into and belongs stolen), hiking on amazing crater trails in Oahu and finally experiencing all these with Jai on our first overseas trip together.
1. Getting ready to swim with sharks in open water with the Mo’o.
2. Swimming in the ocean with sharks, one of the most humbling experiences I have ever had the opportunity to have. If you guys are in Hale’iwa on the North Shore of Oahu, make sure you visit the guys at Island View
for this tour.
3. Shark Cove
4. The view from Diamond Head Crater.
5. Koko Head Track and the view from the top!
6. Our ride for the day with the guys at Paradise Helicopters.
7. I have a thing for clouds.
8. Fog, agriculture, and ocean all in one view from the Helicopter.
9. Lava flowing from the lava tubes on Big Island and into the ocean.
10. An epic burst of sunlight bursting out of the clouds.
10. Hawaiian Coastline.
12. When you get picked to be in the co-pilot seat on our heli ride!
13. Heading up to 14000ft. and crazy lens flare from the sun.
14. From sweating bullets at sea level to freezing our fingers off at the summit of Mauna Kea.
15. Life on Mars – or another planet for that matter.
16. Last day in Hawaii was spent on the North Shore at the infamous Turtle Bay, enjoying golf on the clean cut lawns and watching the legendary surf.
Shot on Lecia, Olympus and GoPro
LET’S BE FRIENDS!