Having spent the last two months in abnormally cold weather for an Aussie (rain, snow and minus temperatures included), and pining over the summer that could have been, I find myself back to the day April and I shot these photos catching up over brunch and wondering the streets of Surry Hills shooting content for our blog over some freshly squeezed Pressed Juices.
Having missed summer, I still am looking forward to my visit back home in April for the crisp Sydney Autumn air. Looking forward to some good weather, good food and even better company.
It’s been just a little over two months since I moved to Shanghai. Having been thrown immediately in the deep end, entailing excessive amount of travel, covering seven different cities in between arrival and now, I think I can finally say, I have now finally started to settle in.
A quick round up of the “best of moments” so far here in Shanghai:
- Spent an amazing NYE with friends from home, who just happened to be holidaying in Shanghai.
- I’ve managed to move offices into a district closer to the family apartment, and with this move, comes potential new friends.
- I’ve rediscovered old friendships with an old uni friend whom I lost touch with over the last few years and discovered she had moved to Shanghai and now the proud owner of a sustainable design boutique featuring handmade and designed furnishings. Check out her cute Etsy store FormMaker.
- I have joined a new and exciting yoga studio, with a interior design to rival that of a day spa, and offers various styles of yoga classes (even ones suspended from ropes in the ceiling) with a great international community of members.
- On the work side, I’ve finished and handed over two stores for an international luxury fashion boutique.
- Gone travelling to the state/or city (not sure which it is) and saw some of the most amazing sights nature has to offer.
- Rediscovering old family ties and understanding family histories and with that came new appreciation of how hard my parents have worked in the last couple of years to get to where we are now.
It’s all been a big change, and settling in has been harder than I expected, but since moving here, personally, has been made me realise that I have taken a lot of things in life I had previously took for granted.
So without further ado, here’s an Instagram round up on all the above so mentioned happenings with a little previews on my upcoming travel diaries of Chengdu and Jiu Zhai Gou.
I haven’t been blogging for a while and there has been pretty valid reasons as to why I haven’t.
Some of you may have already noticed and or been redirected from my old Blogspot to the new and improved “devious-studios” dot com website. There is still a bit of tweaking to do on my mobile ready site, but I have decided to launch the site early as I have a lot of announcements to make.
December 18th is a day of big change!
Firstly I turned 26 years young, another year older and hopefully wiser, celebrating this day with my closets friends. Secondly, today has also doubled up as a farewell as I will be moving to Shanghai to take over the family business as of next week! This decision hasn’t been made with a light heartedly. I will be leaving behind the home I’ve grown up in for so many years, the lifestyle, the beach and sun, my job which has given me the opportunity to meet some amazing and inspiring people and experience some amazing places, my apartment, my two gorgeous dogs, mum and younger sister and finally but not lastly, my love. I’m SHIT scared and nervous of what is to come ahead, but after many D&Ms with collegues, friends and family the more I am reassured this will be a great opportunity and a completely EPIC new adventure.
So bring on the new year of 2014 in which will be an epic year full of challenges which will open doors to MANY opportunities to come!